The Save Mart Companies C.A.R.E.S. Foundation was established as a means of strengthening the communities served by our FoodMaxx, Lucky and Save Mart stores. Annually, the foundation contributes approximately a quarter of a million dollars in small grants to support community-based, non-profit organizations throughout our operating area. Our giving guidelines are as diverse as the communities we serve because we understand that each neighborhood has its own unique passions and needs, but our aim is in our name. We target organizations that provide:
- Community programs that foster civic involvement and safety net/infrastructure improvement
- Arts programs that appreciate and encourage art in all of its forms
- Recreation that promotes activities other than sports–like dance, chess, fishing and gardening
- Education both traditional and non-traditional; and in its broadest sense
- Sports for both youth and adults to encourage healthy lifestyles
To apply for funding with The Save Mart Companies C.A.R.E.S Foundation, please follow these steps:
- Confirm that your organization and/or program request fits within The Save Mart Companies C.A.R.E.S. Foundation’s Giving Guidelines.
- Complete the online electronic application. Be sure to upload a copy of your organization’s 501(c)3 tax status with this application.
The Save Mart Companies C.A.R.E.S. Foundation Board of Directors meets quarterly. Grant application deadlines for 2020 are:
- January 15
- April 15
- July 15
- October 15
If your application is received by the posted deadline, you will receive a response within 45 days.
The Save Mart Companies C.A.R.E.S. Foundation has a limited amount of funds for distribution and cannot fill all requests it receives as much as it might wish to do so. Grants given are priorities according to our Giving Guidelines.