Over $4 Billion
Over 14,000 Employees
Unions representing our employees—
- U.F.C.W. (Local 5, Local 8, Local 648, Local 711, Local 770)
- Teamsters (Local 150, Local 315, Local 386, Local 439)
- Save Mart: 83 Full-service stores (Redding to Bakersfield in California, east to Sparks, NV)
- Lucky/Lucky California: 69 Full-service stores (Greater San Francisco Bay Area)
- FoodMaxx: 53 Price-impact stores (Northern and Central California, east to Sparks, NV)
- MaxxValue: 1 Price-impact store in Modesto
- California: 197 stores
- Nevada: 9 stores
- Super Store Industries (Lathrop, CA; www.ssi.com) has 900,000 sq. ft. of frozen, refrigerated, and dry storage space. It uses the combined buying power of more than one privately-owned grocery chain, including voting partner Save Mart Supermarkets, to purchase or produce products at the lowest possible cost without sacrificing quality. SSI owns and operates Sunnyside Farms Dairies (Fairfield and Turlock, CA).
- Yosemite Wholesale (Merced, CA) is 220,000 sq. ft. with refrigerated and dry goods.
- Roseville Save Mart Distribution Center is 420,000 sq. ft. with refrigerated and dry goods.
- SMART Refrigerated Transport (Lathrop, CA) is a trucking firm that transports dry groceries, frozen foods, ice, and novelties to all of Save Mart Supermarkets’ stores.
Food Waste Reduction/Recycling
The Save Mart Companies diverts 85% of stores’ waste out of landfills each year.
- Perishable Recovery Program – 7.2 million pounds for 2019 to Feeding America local food banks
- Composting – 18,800 tons in 2019, started program in 1997
- Cardboard Recycling: 32,500 tons in 2019
- Soft Plastic Recycling: 800 tons in 2019
Public Affairs Manager