As an experienced essential business, The Save Mart Companies has remained nimble and moved quickly with the onset of the coronavirus pandemic in early 2020. We have established enhanced health and safety protocols at all stores. We are taking every precaution to keep our customers and team members safe during this time, including:
- We provide team members with face coverings, hand sanitizer and gloves.
- Team members and customers are required to wear face coverings at all times when in our stores.
- We have installed Plexiglas at all of our full-service check stands, bakery, deli, and pharmacy counters.
- All stores have social distancing measures in place to protect everyone. This includes customer capacity limits to allow for 6-foot social distancing.
- Our store teams and entire supply chain are trained and trusted to eliminate the spread of communicable disease in our work every day.
- Wellness checks are conducted at the beginning of each shift.
- Our stores have increased the frequency and intensity of surface cleaning, including check stands, shopping carts, high touchpoint areas, and team member common areas.
- We have store signage and continuous in-store public announcements that run every 15 minutes reminding team members and customers to practice social distancing and wear face coverings at all times when in our stores.
- We have asked each of our team members to closely monitor their own health and stay home if they are sick.
- Our generous sick leave policies, coupled with our Employee Assistance Fund, provide support to team members who need to take time off work due to a COVID-19 issue.
Interim Special Store Hours
We have dedicated special shopping hours for Seniors and guests with compromised health:
- Tuesdays & Thursdays Special Shopping Hours: store opening to 9AM
- Tuesdays & Thursdays Special Pharmacy Hours: 7AM to 9AM
Additional Permanent Positions Created
In response to surging customer demand, The Save Mart Companies ramped up its staffing in early Spring 2020. While initially offering part-time temporary positions, as demand remained at record-high levels, the company transitioned 68 percent of its 1,000 new team members to full-time positions.