For Immediate Release
May 29, 2020
Company donates healthy foods to local food banks, helps supplement meals for children & community
Modesto, Calif. – Today, The Save Mart Companies donated a truckload of high demand foods to help provide breakfast and lunch to school children who do not have access to school meals over the next few weeks as well as meal programs for those in need. Food Bank of Nevada County, Food Bank of San Benito, Interfaith Ministries of Modesto, and Second Harvest of Silicon Valley each received several pallets of healthy, shelf stable food items that include pasta, pasta sauce, oatmeal, and juice, among other items.
“With schools still closed for the time being, it’s important that we support local children who aren’t receiving daily school meals,” explains Nicole Pesco, Chief Executive Officer of The Save Mart Companies. “We can’t provide for all of the need, but we are doing what we can to ensure as many people as possible in our communities have access to safe, healthy meals.”
This is the fifth set of donations the company has made to help supplement meals in the communities Save Mart, FoodMaxx and Lucky stores serve. The company will continue to make food donations as inventory becomes available.
Other food banks the company has donated to:
- Second Harvest Food Bank of San Joaquin and Stanislaus
- Food Bank of Monterey County
- Central California Food Bank of Fresno
- Sacramento Food Bank and Family Services
- Food Bank of Northern Nevada
- Community Action Partnership of Kern County
- Community Action of Napa Valley
- Community Action Agency of Butte County
- Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano
- FoodLink for Tulare County
- Redwood Empire Food Bank
- Alameda County Community Food Bank
- San Francisco-Marin Food Bank
- Merced County Food Bank
- Amador-Tuolumne Community Action Agency
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Cruz County
The Save Mart Companies operates 205 stores throughout California and Northern Nevada under the banners of FoodMaxx, Lucky and Save Mart. The Save Mart Companies is committed to sourcing a wide variety of local products to communities throughout California and Northern Nevada. In addition to its retail operation, the company also operates Smart Refrigerated Transport and is a partner in Super Store Industries (SSI), which owns and operates a distribution center in Lathrop and the Sunnyside Farms dairy processing plant in Turlock. For more information on the company, please visit: www.TheSaveMartCompanies.com.
For more information, please contact, Victoria Castro at 209.985.4229.